Friday, November 25, 2011

Jour 95 - Paris, avec les Lumieres!

November 23rd, Wednesday

Since I haven't gone to the Louvre, I decided to go to Paris (again, yes there's just so much to do in Paris) but this time around by myself. Kwi went to Paris as well but she had a connecting train to Le Havre. 

I followed Rick Steves' guide for France. I passed through the underground mall of the Louvre and luckily I didn't have to fall in line. I heard Wednesday is always a busy day but I was so lucky! There was no hassle at all! :)








Venus de Milo


Of course, the ever famous Mona Lisa.

There are two things I don't really like when traveling alone - you can't share the experience with someone, and no one can take your picture (well, excluding the fact that I can just ask a stranger to take my picture). 




The good thing about traveling alone though is that you can travel at your own pace :)


Haha! I had to take a picture of myself - a reminder that I went inside the Louvre! :))





I was done in about 2 hours :)

I asked a random kind-looking person to take my picture. I was trying to tell her that I wanted a photo that would give the illusion that I was holding the tower but haha! She ain't good :)) Oh well, at least this picture is pretty decent already.

I went to Jardin du Tuileries to chill and relax and read my case study for tomorrow's presentation. 

I noticed a ferris wheel right in front of it!

After an hour, I called up Chiara and asked if I could hang out with her for the rest of the day. :) I went to Maica's flat.


It was Carlos' last day here in Paris (and in Europe) so Mapa met up with us. Aaaw, I'm kinda jealous that Carlos left already! I can already feel the air of Christmas so I'm itching to go home! :P

We all went inside the perfume museum in Paris. Oh yey! Free entrance :)) I couldn't take pictures though of the place. Though, good thing we had a guide! She was so informative that I found out how French women were before. Oh I have side kwento! I found out that French women used to put beauty marks (a.k.a. moles) on their face as a sign of their status. Our guide even showed us how they look like :)) A girl could be single, married, or taken as of the moment. Fascinating stuff I tell you!

At the end of the tour, our guide led us to their shop where we got to smell different kinds of scents. OMG, super funny! The guys looked so bored after sniffing two scents! :)) Chiara and Maica fell in love with the coconut scented perfume that they both got one each :)

We went around Champs cause Carlos wanted to check out a sneaker store. Went back to Maica's flat for dinner, then went back to Champs (this time, Kwi went back to Paris already) and we checked out the Christmas market! :)





Oh and we rode the Ferris Wheel! :)





A month to go before I say goodbye to my random trips in Paris :( / :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment