Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jour 71 - Productive Sunday

October 30th, Sunday


It was a sunny day so we decided to push through with going to Versailles today! The bad part of going on a weekend - the crowd! I was afraid my dad and I would have to fall in line for hours such so we could get inside...


BUT! Luckily on the metro, we went a French man named Christophe. He asked us if we were going to Versailles. He said he can show us how to get there by walking and that we should follow him because he might have free tickets for us!

And so we followed him.. He really had free tickets!! Apparently, his children are free to enter the chateau because they were both under 14. It was sad though that my dad wasn't able to give his calling card. One of the few nice French people I know! :( :( It's sad how I'll never see him again! :(

Instead of waiting for hours, I think we only waited for an hour. Pretty sweet ey? 
Traveler's tip: Make sure to book your tickets before hand!



The chateau is really a grand place! :o

Aside from the free ticket, we also had a free audioguide! <3 Woohoo!






It's actually tiring to each all the rooms! Haha. I was really looking forward to seeing the gardens!

My view from the chateau.

Room of glass!


They even preserved the way Louis XIV had dinner!

After the chateau, we went to the gardens! :)









The best part of the gardens - the foliage! <3





Oh and another nice thing about the gardens, you can have a picnik there :) So if you're going there, make sure that you bring food! 

After an afternoon in Versailles, we decided to go to Notre Dame



The church is pretty nice, but I think Sagrada and Saint Chapelle top my list!

By evening, we watched Crazy Horse. It's one of the premier cabaret shows in Paris (and maybe around the world). OMG can I just share? I felt so sad looking at all the sexy, topless women! Oh so thin :((( Because of my dad visiting me, I've gained so much already! 
My dad was telling me that he and his brother wanted to watch this 30 years ago, when they were here. 
Our ticket included champagne btw :)

We went to Blanche, the area where Moulin Rouge is found. My dad wanted to see the night life here, he wanted me to see it as well since he knows I go to Paris only in the daylight. 


To all the girls out there, if you want to see this area make sure you're with trusted men. Also, Sunday night is a perfect time because you won't be too scared to walk around.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment