Monday, November 14, 2011

Jour 81 - My Birthday in Lecco

November 9th, Wednesday

I woke up this morning and remembered that I had to enroll online, for the very last time... I can't believe it! After one more term when I get back home and I'll be free from college! I'm scared but excited! I can't believe my reign in school will be over :( I super loved my college, there were so many ups and downs and I really think these events caused me to be who I am now. I don't regret anything at all!

Anyway, after that my dad suggested that we go to Lake Como for the day. We got to the train station ready to buy our ticket to Como but then the ticket lady said that we just missed the train. She suggested that we go to Lecco instead, it's just the lake beside Como. And so, we said yes and boarded the train to this unknown area!

We got there and we found out that it's one of the border cities of Italy, which connects to Switzerland. What a sunny sunny day! :)



We were looking for the nearest tourist information in the train station but all we got is a big big map outside. The tourist information was in the center of the city. :| We walked towards and we stopped for a gelato break! :D



We got to the tourist information and this super awesome guide told us how to get to the lake strategically. She also suggested restaurants :) 

As we were walking towards the lake, we came across this Italian woman who asked us if we were Malaysians. We said no and one thing lead to another, she volunteered to bring us around. I thought she'd only take us to the lake but she ended taking us EVERYWHERE! She even explained why things were like that in her city. OMG. What a nice woman! Her name is Bianca btw. To my friends who are named Bianca, just want to let you guys know that your name is Italian and it means white! :)





Bianca with my dad!




Bianca even took us to a nearby market that has a fixed price for all its produce. It's 1.30EUR for a kilo! Super duper affordable! You can mix and match whatever you need!!! :) 

Since she was too nice of a person, I decided to invite us to dinner. Also, I wanted to experience typical cuisines from Lecco :D We were supposed to eat in another place it was unfortunately closed. Trivia: the name of the restaurant is a character in one of the famous Italian novels.

For our appetizer, we had Lavarello lake fish in green sauce and Agone lake fish in Carpione sauce. Super good! Delicate tasting and oh so fresh!

Main course was Noodles chestnut with Porcini mushrooms.

And Risotto Carnaroli in Parmesan style with Perch. Both dishes were really good! It was a good idea to split everything because it was nakakaumay but very very good! <3

For salad, we had the house salad which was Azzeccagarbugli (salad, bresaola, apple, nuts, casera cheese, toasted bread).
Very lovely dinner! And Bianca being our entertainer was awesome. She's very chatty I must say so we really didn't run out of things to talk about. She mentioned to us that she used to live in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand that's why she's used to being around Asians.

We had to go back to the train station but before that, we made a quick stop to her flat. She also had a train to catch because she wanted to see some jazz concert somewhere near Lecco. We rode the same train but our stop was the very last one. Before Bianca left, I got so kilig because she handed me something! She gave me a bracelet because it was my birthday! :) Oh Bianca, I shall never forget youuuuu!!

Before I end my blog about this day, a very scary experience happened to us (my dad, Kwi and I). So we took a 22:00 train, and Lecco being a small city you should expect few people traveling around that time. As expected, we were the only ones left in the coach we were riding - us plus this strange man who kept on looking at us @_@ Just like what my dad said, it was like in a movie! A MAN WAS STALKING US! =| We quickly decided to move to another coach BUT he still kept on following us! OMG. The horror! We moved again to another coach, this time with a lot more of people, and he stopped following us!! Thank God he stopped!!!! We got back to Milan around 23:30! We were safe!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment