Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jour 93 - Last Few Hours in Marseille :(

November 21st, Monday

The girls and I woke up late today. Our hostel was too cozy for us to get up early! Before checking out, I just had to take pictures of our pretty pretty room :)



Our breakfast was also delightful! ;) The baguette they served was really soft, something I really like in bread. And their butter, oh wow it was president. Hihi

Cam had to leave earlier because she had class in the afternoon. Kwi and I had some time left before leaving in the afternoon.

Beside the kitchen is the lounge area. Music was playing while we were eating breakfast.



I really wanted to take the free boat rides but there was no more time to do :( So this picture serves as my memory that I "rode" a boat :))



Right by the port, there's a daily fish market. :)


We went walking around the old part of Marseille.


The trees look so different right? They seem to be dead!

This church has a huge cross outside.

This store sold local creations of the south! It was an evil idea that Kwi brought me here :)) I bought scented sachets!


Kwi also took me to this shop to try their macarons. OMG. The hazelnut macaron was really delightful!

For lunch, Kwi suggested that we take the bus to go to this place that makes the tartare aux boeuf she's ever tried! It's 10 minutes away from the port and the area near the restaurant looked like Santorini.




The restaurant is located in this "village". In order to get there, we had to pass by some of the locals' houses.



We got to the top of the place and we found out the restaurant was still close :( They only open during dinner. Too bad! :(

We went back to the port and had lunch in L'Entrecote. I got a seafood dish so the waiter gave me a different set of utensils :))

Happy lunch cause everything I ate was steamed! :) And the fish in my dish was very fresh and cooked just right!

Kwi got the tartare.
Our last lunch in Marseille was perfect! Eating seafood by the port <3
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment