Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jour 74 - Giovanni Papito

November 2nd, Wednesday

Our hotel reservation included breakfast in one of the near bakeshops. But sadly, we found out that Italians don't have heavy breakfasts! They usually take bread and coffee, that's it. Being Filipinos who are used to eating heavy heavy breakfasts, we weren't satisfied (my dad most especially). So we told Max about it and he  said he'll fix something up.


After breakfast, we went to Mercato Centrale. Yes, the original market! :) I super love it here! It's clean and there are so many different kinds of proschiuttos to buyyyyy! Also, ready to eat food! And pasta, and mushrooms, the list goes on and on!




We took a break because my dad wanted to have a haircut. We saw a nearby salon and my dad told the hairstylist that he wanted to look young!


End result: he looks 10 years younger!!!!! I was afraid that he might not like his new hairdo. All he said was that he feels colder because there's no hair to keep him warm. Haha!

For lunch, we went back to Mercato Centrale. I wanted to get trippa - and there's just one place to get this...Locals go to Nerbone! When we got there, it was packed full! The line was so long! So many japanese I must say!

Because there was no trippa left, we ordered lampredoto (very similar to trippa). Aside from that, we got the pasta of the day! OMG. Delicious lunch :) I cannot wait to go back! Another good part, it's cheap for its quality! :D

The afternoon was still so young so my dad wanted to look for the best gelateria in Florence. According to Max, the best one is called Alpina. It's somewhere near the highway. We were so lost that my dad decided to just eat at the nearest gelateria we see!


After eating there, my dad asked where Alpina is!

He wasn't contented with what he ate so...we ate again! This time around, in the right store!

Today, we went around the city looking for a meat slicer for my Tita. Also, my dad has been wanting to give his siblings one leg of proschiutto di parma each for Christmas so had to look for a place that ships balikbayan boxes.. And with the help of friendly Italians, we were able to find a Filipino in Mercato Centrale! He gave us the address to where we should go and who we should contact. Because of this good news, my dad was excited to buy! :)

We went around leather and jewelry shopping :)

Oh and we came across the lucky wild boar! I noticed people who go here would touch the snout of the pig before they drop their coin.

Hihi. Happy leather glove shopping in Martelli :) They have all the colors imaginable! :P

Florence at night :)


Here are some things I saw along the way: 

A cool garbage machine!

The Uffizi Museum 


An F1 car :)

David!

Statues outside the Uffizi.




A cute electronic car! You should have seen the driver - it was a lolo! I even waved at him because I was so aliw with his car! :)


And the Baptistry :)
Florence at night <3
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment