Monday, November 21, 2011

Jour 88 - La Cuisine Philippine

November 16th, Wednesday

After boring intensive class, I was finally looking forward to seeing my Lille barkada! :) Cam came over in the afternoon and asked me if I could help her make leche flan. I didn't know that she was planning on making a lot :)) When she got to my house, I was so shocked that she brought over 40 eggs!! Crazy right? :)) Anyway, she left me for a while to go back to the supermarket to get the drinks. So made me in charge of separating the yolk from the white of each egg.


Yes, I had to do it 40 times!

...Until I was able to reach this!


After that, I pan fried beef steaks and coated it with my secret batter! Hihi. Okay fine it's not a secret, I think Filipinos have this in their houses. Crispy Fry. I think it's one of the best Filipino inventions of the century! If you don't know what to do, use crispy fry! Haha

Cam came back to my flat after an hour - she told me she had the hardest time going back to my place because the escalator was broken! She brought so many drinks that people were looking at her when she was falling in line to pay. They probably think that Cam hated the world so much that she went gaga over drinks!

Oh after some time, she remembered she brought ice cream! Hahahahaha. Good thing the weather was cold and the ice cream didn't melt!


Cooking can really be a bitch. Especially when you're not used to it (like me). I'm not really used to the CLAYGO (clean as you go) system yet so after cooking/baking, I had to clean up so many things. It's good though that Cam, Kwi (just got home), and Jia helped! :) I pretty much got tired from cooking and cleaning that when Kwi and I got to Jia and Cam's dorm, the food was almost gone!

Renan took these shots while I silently sat at a corner and ate :))












Oh check this out: Tere and Janella wanted to show our international friends how we, Filipinos, eat with our hands! :)


Yey! That's Rico on my right! New found Filipino/Canadian friend :) Ugh, he's hella good in French! I'm so impressed!

Aaaaw, my cooking/baking buddy for today! :) 

Anna and her usual pose! Haha

Ben - me - Philippe! :))

The barkada wanted to teach our international friends how to play "Hephep Hooray". It was too funny cause they couldn't pronounce "h" so instead they would say"Peppep ooray!" :))))




:)




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment