Monday, November 21, 2011

Jour 90 - Ddddiamonds in Antwerp

November 18th, Friday

Cam turned 20 today! :) <3 Anyway, we all planned a trip today. Renan wanted to go to the three famous places in Belgium - Antwerp, Brussels and Bruges. And so we all wanted to go as well. Our first stop was Antwerp, the city of Diamonds! Through research, I have found out that Antwerp is the capital of diamonds in the world. It's here where around 80% of the diamonds are sold! I was so excited when I saw this :) :)

..We all rode the train together! Here's Renan getting ready for his nap.

Akeem and Jia

The girls I'm going with to Berlin! :)

The birthday girl with her menthe taboule :))

In one of the most prettiest train stations I've been to so far! Antwerp! :)

...So we found out that our hostel was not near the train station. We had to walk around 30 minutes (or more) just to get to it. Oh and we were kinda lost at the start because no one took note of the address of the place. We were walking around the Jewish district and I actually scared :| I only saw men in this attire:

According to Kwi, they look like microphones! Aside from their funny looking hats, they had high knee socks which were white and they were wearing flat shoes. Take note, this isn't a photo I took. I was too scared to take my camera out! Oh and I only saw men and boys walking that area. Weird!!!! @_@

 
We finally got to our hostel! This was the only sign they had :|




The reception / lounge area was dim. Uh, it didn't look safe!

When we went up to our room, we were all disgusted with the bed sheets! They were all dirty :| :| Anyway, we had to leave the room to roam around the city and to eat dinner.

I just had to take a picture of this! Apparently, the word Antwerp literally means hand that was thrown. 

We went window shopping in the city center :) Haha! Kwi and her hats!

We went inside this mall thinking there was a place to eat!

...but there was none! 

So when we were walking, we came across a place and decided to just enter. Biggest mistake of the night! The food wasn't food here @_@


Jia and Cammy, my dining partners :)

We ordered Carbonade Flamanade and it wasn't even good :| Lille even makes it better, and to think it's a Flemish dish.

Oh check this out: I think people from Antwerp are fascinated with mustaches! They even have it in signs! :))

The gang decided to go to Starbucks to hide from the cold cold wind!

When we got back to the hostel, Renan and Aira helped me with my online test. Uh, yeah there's this test I needed to take for something. I don't really want to explain myself. It's only them and the rest of the gang that knows my situation. All I can say is that my heart was beating for 21 minutes throughout the test! @_@

The nerds with their project! :))
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment