Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jour 69 - Figuring Things Out

October 28th, Friday

Tourists, especially Filipinos, are very keen with the food in another country. A must try in France is of course their breads! Croissants, Pain au Chocolat, Bagette. The list is endless. The second day in Paris and I woke up really early to get freshly baked bread. I never do this back in Lille because I get lazy to wake up! Haha. 

I must say, the boulangerie near the hotel has the best croissant I've ever tasted. It's big, and very delicate! And oh so buttery! <3

After breakfast, we went to Rue Cler to check out the food market. Food-gasm! So many stores to look at!!!

Papito, so happy with his purchases!

After the market, we walked around the Eiffel Tower area to check out the tower itself, Champ de Mars and other sights.

Haha birds who were taking a bath!

Quick tip: If you want to see the Parisian attractions in one go, then you must take Bus#69! I believe this is even better than the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus which costs around 25EUR. This particular bus' route is the famous sights. It starts from the Eiffel Tower. For more information, check out Rick Steve's France 2011 travel book. It's a super useful book especially when you want to get advice and tips :)







On the way back to the hotel, we saw the Eiffel light up! Such a beautiful sight :)

Our last stop: we passed by Champ Elysees! We went here to look around and reserve our show for Crazy Horse


Drama day actually - I'm not really so good with maps and directions. And and and! I especially get nervous around my dad. All I think about is that I shouldn't make any mistakes :o So from Champ Elysees, I thought the Eiffel was walkable (when I say walkable, I mean my dad is able to walk the whole thing). Super super stupid! It was such a long walk! I could see my dad panting :o 
Oh we passed by this torch - the picture isn't clear but this torch is a tribute to Princess Diana.
Uhh, lesson learned: don't rely on the map's scale!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment