Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jour 76 - Santa Croce and its Fine Leather

November 4th, Friday

Breakfast is the sweetest with this spread! If there's one thing I've been doing to everything I eat is that as much as possible I put tartufo in it! <3 If only this isn't fattening! I'd eat more of it!

We went back to Mercato Centrale to finally purchase proschiutto and cheese. 


Oh and my dad got me salami with tartufo!!!!! Yeyyyy!

Lunch at was at Nerbone's again :)

That's the owner of Nerbone. He was so game to take a picture with us! He even brought out empty wine bottles for our props! :))

I saw black corn!

And this huge pumpkin before leaving the market!!

We headed next to Santa Croce - it's actually a church but there's a leather school inside! 



Italian churches for me have more detail then French churches. Both are equally nice but Italian churches appear to be more gothic.



The leather products are really different from the ones I saw outside. The workmanship on the leather is just exquisite! But I still can't afford to buy here. My obsession with leather!!!! <3







Aside from the leather school and the church, there was a small museum of more paintings.


Dinner was special. We ate in Trattoria Za-Za




The first four plates were the appetizers we ordered. It's a good thing my dad chose that - it made us all educated what are the typical types of antipasto Italians eat.

For our main dishes, we got Fettuccine pasta Bolognese style, grilled lamb cutlets with a side portion of rosemary potatoes and Pizza Za-Za (which has ham, tomato, truffle cream, pesto, porcini mushrooms and mozzarella).

Another awesome dinner! :) 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment