Monday, November 14, 2011

Jour 83 - Weekend at Maica's

November 11th, Friday

My dad's flight back to San Francisco was at 11 but he needed to get back to the airport earlier. I helped him bring his luggage to the Roissy Bus located at the Opera. I actually couldn't look at him straight in the eyes when I said goodbyes. Saying goodbye to someone is really so hard! I hugged him and said goodbye but my tears were flowing already. :| Ugh, I'm such a cry baby. I don't think I'd want to spend my fall break in any other way than with him. Walking back to the metro, I kept on thinking how I super missed him already. :( I'm still so grateful that he allowed me to push through with this term abroad. It is expensive to fund this term but he knows this could make a better person. 

I went back to the hotel to check out and then took the metro again to go to Maica's flat. Maica is actually a friend of a lot of my friends. Mela introduced her to me before when she came home for vacation. She is currently studying in Paris and I was so ecstatic when she said was okay that I crash her place for the weekend. Chiara, a good friend of mine, is going to stay with her for three weeks so this weekend was the perfect time to meet up! :) I got to her area around 10:00 but something was wrong with her phone so I couldn't seem to reach her :| I was waiting outside the cold (9 degrees take note) for about an hour until I heard the magical call!

I found out that Maica, Chiara, Carlos (Chiara's cousin) and Miguel Mapa partied last night :)) They went home at around 4 am already and they walked from the Louvre area to Maica's flat. Sayang I wasn't there to experience that! Haha!

It was a lazy day because the girls needed to recuperate. If I were in their position, I would need a rest day as well. So what Carlos and I did was to go to the grocery to buy stuff to cook for our super duper late lunch. Oh and almost everything was closed! It was a holiday kasi :|


That's Carlos, my co-chef!

Aside from our brunch, Carlos wanted to make honey lemon. So he boiled water, cut lemon, added lemon, and poured the water in the mugs. He said it's really good for the cold weather, especially one is sick.

We even set up the table :)

Looks fancy ey? It's from Picard!

The tired souls!


Happy lazy day! It's a good thing too that we didn't go out cause it was so so cold :|
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment