Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jour 79 - Boungiorno Milano!

November 7th, Monday

We had a lot of mishaps towards this part of fall break.
(1) Kwi missed our train to Milan (from Florence). She wanted to have our ticket exchanged - the ticket man was assuming Kwi could make it in time!
(2) Kwi wasn't allowed to stay in the hotel we were billeted at :| So she had to look for a hostel.

We were so hungry that we needed a Timebrek. The set up of this area instantly told me that it wasn't a typical Italian restaurant. It was more like a Chinese restaurant! Haha


We all got a lunch set menu. I got penne pasta with artichokes!

My dad got the most sulit one - it's porkchop with potato wedges and salad.

Kwi got gnocchi.

The coffee was really really strong! Bad choice for not saying macchiato!

The duomo in Milan.

Beside the duomo, we went window shopping. There was this saleslady that had tinier feet than me! I was so shocked! She then told me where she buys her shoes (oh btw, she's a size 3!!!!!!! 0_o). She said she goes to Gusella, and that we should check out the store because it's closing already!!

But when we got to Gusella, it was close already :(

We still went around to look for shoes. There was this store that Kwi pointed out, Luca. Luckily, they had my size!!!!! <3 It's nice shopping here in Milan because there are stores that have my size. I actually love the size of the Italians. They look normal compared to the model-figures of the French :))

For dinner, we wanted to experience the food in a pizzeria. In this type of eatery, everything is being weighed. The quality of the food is not as good as a trattoria but it's still good, don't get me wrong!







After dinner, we went back to Hotel Albert to get our stuff out of that rotten place. My dad was so happy when the hostel Kwi was staying at accepted us last minute! Notice the bed where Kwi was sitting - it goes down easily! I swear there was a funky smell in Hotel Albert! :o :o So happy to move out of there!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment