Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jour 65 - They (THE KOOKS) Gave Me An Eskimo Kiss!

October 24th, Monday

Aira left yesterday :( Kwi and I had an extra day because we actually went to Lyon because we were there for the Kooks concert :)

For brunch, we went to nearby kebab place.

We wanted a really nice spot so we headed straight to the concert grounds 7 hours before. Yes, you saw my text right. We were there at around 13:00 and the concert was gonna start at 20:00.

We waited outside this area, beside the street.

At first, we were just a few...

Waiting and waiting..

We were standing then we decided to see our city map as a mat.

At around 16:00, Kwi suddenly realized that we were gonna get so hungry at the end of the night. She volunteered to go to the nearest supermarket and get food for us. When we got back, the girls beside us were all staring. They quickly followed our trick.

The wait was incredibly long - the wind was cold and the stupid French yuppies were going in front of us!

BUTTTT, the wait was well worth it! We got a spot in front of the most pit! <3 :3


We met two nice French girls who came all the way from Bordeaux to watch the Kooks. They're such avid fans that they actually watched the Kooks in Bordeaux, and now they're part of the guest list to watch them again!!

There were bands that opened for the Kooks - Fin and the Morning Parade, both equally good! :)



The concert was an experience I will never forget - the Kooks played around 20 songs (if my memory serves me right). Things that happened during the concert:
(x) extreme pushing and shoving me away from my awesome spot
(x) extreme cursing - I almost picked on a fight with one French girl who was so inconsiderate by putting her hand in front of my face
(x) extreme sweating - we were like sardines in the mosh pit that one girl even fainted! It was that hot
(x) extreme happiness! I was right in front so I just jumped the railing, I would have touched the band members!

Here are some of the videos I took during the concert <3





These pictures and videos can't really depict what I saw and experienced but it was indeed good that I documented everything. My camera literally died taking lots of pictures and videos.

Kwi and I bought shirts each - F**K THE WORLD OFF :) First ever purchase from a concert!
Oh and another good part of my experience - I got one of the guitar picks when they were throwing it! :) Can't wait for the next concert I'll be watching this December <3
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment