Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jour 63 - Only Lyon

October 22nd, Saturday

The next day (after getting back from Utrecht), we were scheduled to go to Lyon. 

We got to Lyon feeling happy!!!! It was our first hotel everrrrr <3

Oh we were just so happy to be staying at one. Comfy beds, cosy bed sheets, a TV, a heater, a clean bathroom, oh the simple joys of being at a hotel. Take note though, we weren't at the fanciest one. This was just a two-starred one but that info aside, sweet experience! :)

We were on our way to look for a good bouchon restaurant. Aira said that we should go straight and hit the end of the area. BUT, we realized that we were lost! Haha. We took the tram to get to the city center because of our long walk! 


Ohhh, this looks familiar!

We were finally happy to see people when we get to the city center. :) So then we realized we were on the right track already.

Lyon is filled with lions in different designs.

We were supposed to go to Chez Mounier (since I researched and saw that the restaurant serves really good value lyonnais dishes) but we couldn't find it. So the girls and I checked out the prices of each bouchon restaurant. We saw that Chez M'man had a reasonable deal for its prie fix meal. 14EUR for a three-course meal :)

I ordered a Lyonnais salad for my entree. Gooood salad! Aira, most especially, enjoyed it!

For my main course, I got Quennelle, a fish souffle. It was good, very savory, but since I'm not so much a fan of white sauces, I had a hard time fixing the dish. Oh and the girls actually got the same dish. Kwi was the only champion!

For dessert, we all got different ones. Kwi got Lemon Meringue (left side), I got Red Hazelnut (middle), and Aira got the chocolate cake. My dessert was really good - it looks like blood if you ask me but once you bite into it, the appearance of the cake doesn't matter at all!

On our way out, we saw that Chez Mounier was just actually right across Chez M'man. Oh man oh man, we were too hungry to pay attention to everything in the road :))

For our extra dessert, we went to Bernachon. I read in several blogs that this place claims to be similar to Pierre Herme and Laduree. I got three flavors - pistachio, vanilla and caramel. Verdict: Laduree makes better ones. But since I'm really not picky, I am most likely to get a pistachio macaron at Paul's. 

We went to the commercial center and... we shopped! Haha. Sale is everywhere! 


For dinner, we had our first Asian dinner! <3
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment