Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jour 46 - Parisian Food Trip Part 1

October 5th, Wednesday

Wednesdays are usually my free days from school so it's my chance to roam around Paris for free! Aira and I decided to do go around and explore the inexpensive good food around the city of elegance :P Here's the list of things we tried:
(x) savory crepe in Aup'tit Grec
(x) ice cream in Glacier Berthillon
(x) macaron in Laduree

Before going around and trying some stuff, we first wanted to see Moulin Rouge. The area where it is located, Boulevard de Clinchy, is known to have so many sex shops around! It so funny how it's open. It's so different in a third world country.


The day was really gloomy so walking around Paris was chilly. We had a good laugh when we saw this:

..a gasoline station on the sidewalk!

Finally, Moulin Rouge!!





We were also curious on what we could see in the store so we went inside. Of course, everything was expensive! :|

We took the metro to get to our first food hunt.

This metro station had funny chairs! They were super high! I look like a little kid here :))

We got down in Place Monge to get to Rue Moffetard.

We had a hard time looking for the street because it wasn't so known. We got there and we noticed that most of the customers were students.

We decided to just split a savory crepe. We were under a tight budget (and Aira and I have this policy of just wanting to just try everything good and not binge).

We ordered the Galette Chef and the crepe had mozarella, coppa, tomatoes and lettuce! Yummmmm :)

 It was a good thing we just split the crepe cause it was too big for us! Happy lunch :) We got so full right away. 

Our next stop was to get dessert. We saw this while walking! Lol. Cars for rent!

Oh and this! Apparently in Paris, there's always this baguette contest (which store can make the best baguette). We passed by this store and they won 2nd last year. I have yet to try baguette in Paris! :)

We passed by the Seine River and we came across another lovelock bridge again. But this time around, there were so many locks crowded together. I'm guessing these were the locks that were mysteriously lost last year.


Beside the Seine River, we found Rue Saint-Louis de L'lle where La Maison Berthillon.

This famous ice cream shop has more than 35 different flavors (if I'm not mistaken 75?). Today, these were the flavors that they had.

I got 2 flavors - Speculoos and Noisette. Oh how I love how both flavors complement each other! They both had real hazelnuts and speculoos bits inside <3 <3 <3

My excitement is truly shown in this picture! Hahaha

While eating our ice cream cones, we passed by Place de Concorde. :)


We even saw this giant pan! We didn't know though what they were cooking inside.


Anyway, all day long Aira was telling me about how I should macarons in Paris. They're one of the things I must try! I was telling her that I'll wait til my dad visits me come late October. BUT.. the temptation was too good. We saw Laduree and we entered!! The place is such a pretty one. So many pretty boxes for the macarons! And so expensive toooo! I couldn't take pictures of the store but there was a line just to order :| It's that famous a store!


I just wanted to try it. So I ordered their famous caramel with salted butter flavor! :)

Pretty good stuff I must say!! I'll try Pierre-Herme to see the difference between the two stores.

Beside Laduree was a mustard store! I WENT INSIDE RIGHT AWAY. Haha! I'm such a huge fan of mustard but I'm the kind of fan that can't afford to buy the special mustards :( All I was able to do was to get their catalogues and leave! :)) Oh, life of a student! Well I am going to Dijon soon so I hope to try mustard there :>

We were going back and we saw this! Aaaw, my street back in Lille :) It's funny how the streets in France are all named the same! I guess that's why it's really important to make sure people know their postal codes!!

Here's Galeries Lafayette. It's something like Rustans back home. It's a shopping mall with branded things like Chanel, Chloe, etc. Something I'm not really a fan of. Aira wanted to buy havs but then havs are only being sold during the summer time. 

We got back home just in time for dinner. I got home and Bharati and Louisa were baking quiche lorraine!

Louisa was supposed to teach us how to cook ratatouille but then there weren't so nice vegetables in the grocery today. So for dinner we had this plus clafoutis au pommes and red wine. The quiche lorraine we had tonight was better than the last one we had! Yey! I must say, I think I'm getting used to the red wine taste already :)
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment