Saturday, September 24, 2011

Jour 34 - Gambetta, Carnival and Jardin Vauban

September 23rd, Friday

The initial plan was to go to the train station so that we could reserve train tickets around but we ended up making a detour and going to Gambetta first. We were walking and after a month of living in Lille, we finally saw Lidl!!!! According to former exchange students, this is the cheapest supermarket in town. Indeed, they are right! We only spent so around 1/3 of what we usually spend in Carrefour. Well at least now we know. I'll forever go there because they have muesli and fruits! <3

We were walking back home and we saw a cheese shop! My heart skipped a beat when I saw the cheese sale! FINALLY, I'll be able to try Camembert! Oh and I bought another kind of cheese that was on sale. I'll blog about it when I get to try the cheese.

I will definitely go back to this shop! <3

We were such in a hurry that from Gambetta, we went straight to rue Nationale so that Kwi could go to the bank and check on her her account. After we had to drop our groceries back home and walk super fast to school. That's why after class, I was really hungry! I took Kwi to one of the best kebab places in Lille - O Delice. I got the kebab poulet with andalouse sauce.

I just had to order fries with it because the last time I was in this store, I remember really enjoying the fries so much!!!!!


We met up with Aira after our late lunch/early dinner treat. The girls wanted to go to the carnival along Vauban. So we went - but the carnival had so little people already! It was a sunny day pa naman! Being a party pooper at rides, I didn't ride anything. Haha. The girls rode this ride - the Power Maxx (a 5G ride). The rides here in France are very expensive. Imagine this ride was already 4EUR!!!! 

I was a happy girl though cause I got Speculoos flavored gelato before heading home :)

We made a detour and ended up in Jardin Vauban. It's such a beautiful park! A perfect place for picnic. We're planning to have one soon! :) :)

Sorry I didn't take a lot of pictures cause I only had my phone with me today!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment