Friday, September 2, 2011

Jour 13 - Old Lille

September 2nd, Friday

Aira and I were supposed to go to the carnival today but as we were walking I was telling Aira about the most famous boulangerie (bakery) in Lille. Apparently, it's known to make the best baguettes in town! So we quickly went on for the search of Patisserie au Lion d'Or.


Notice all the tents? Everyone is preparing for the Braderie this weekend! Imagine, the whole of Lille will be filled with stalls, and kiosks of food, clothes, and other random stuff! :)

...And so our adventure to find the boulangerie began! When we got to Pl. Lion d'Or, we couldn't find the store. We actually went inside one of the boutiques to ask where it is. Haha!

Aha! Finally, here it is!

The eclairs look so delicious!!!!!



I wasn't in the mood to try their baguette since it was already afternoon. I opted to go for the Carre a la Creme <3 It sounded good! 


Super good stuff but then I felt that they placed too much shu inside that my tummy felt growling after eating more than half of it! @_@

I don't really have a sweet tooth so I was telling Aira I wanted something salty. (I actually wanted a red juicy hotdog on a stick, fish balls and peanuts! Er. Missing all the salty food in the Philippines). We were walking back home and we so happened to see Chinese food! I was so happppppppy!!!

Happy comfort food! OMG. You can't imagine how happy I was when I ordered this. I super love Chinese food to death!! Oh and guess what? I even made small talk to the lady (yes, I really tried my best to speak in Chinese but I was super stuttering!)

Check this out: they have French instructions for using chopsticks! :))

Before I go, I just had to take a picture of this other boulangerie. The line was still pretty long, considering we left old Lille around 17h30 already. Anyway, must try something in this store some time!
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment