Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jour 60 - Utrecht

October 19th, Wednesday

Another crazy story: we had planned out our trip to Utrecht via regional trains but of course with us three traveling together, there's always something happening! Hahahaha. We were supposed to get down in Brussels Centraal but we ended up going down too early so we got to Brussels Midi. OMG. Good thing, the ticket lady that I talked to was nice enough to show us an alternative!

We got to Utrecht at 13:00 :) Check out what the girls are posing! They were so happy to see that the food in Holland is cheaper than in France. So... they quickly bought!

We all thought that this was chocolate milk BUT it wasn't. It's pudding :))


The reason for going to Utrecht instead of Amsterdam right away is because a good friend of mine, Marguerite, leaves in Utrecht :) She was so nice to allow me to crash in her place :) Hi Marguerite, I know you often read my blog. Shout out to you! :D

First stop: she wanted us to try local Dutch pastries!

Haha what a cute boy! He even posed for me :)

I got a Berliner Bol with custard - absolutely gooood!

We walked around the city center..

Sad though because it was raining :| So I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures.

Since it was cold and raining, we decided to grab a beer each to warm up!

I don't remember the name of the beer I drank but I must say, it was pretty good :)


One thing striking about this bar is that there is a statue of the Virgin Mary. I asked Marguerite and her sister Lorenna why such a display. Apparently, the bars in Utrecht have those.

We went inside a vintage shop and just for laughs we tried on hat. We look like people who are sick. Haha!


I wasn't able to try this but oh how I miss being random enough to afford a meal from Mcdo :|

Another thing I learned: the Dutch love to leave their windows open! Yes, it's as if they're showing whatever they're doing (plus they're showing how their houses look like). The Dutch must really trust each other a lot to have this kind of system.

When we got back home in time for dinner, the grandmother of the Munnecom girls cooked a traditional Dutch meal. I wasn't able to take a picture of it but the grandma cooked steak (super duper duper good), string beans, salad and potatoes. Simple dish yet very appetizing! :) The girls and I stayed up and make kwento about stuff :) Inabina is really happy to see Marguerite again!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment