Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jour 53 - End of the World in Paris

October 12th, Wednesday

Breaking news: I traveled by myself for the first time! From Lille Europe to Paris Nord by SNCF, and from Paris Nord to Luxembourg metro station. :) I must say, it wasn't so bad (since I'm used to the metro system in Paris). I feel like Paris is second skin to me :) Today's agenda was food trip day with Kwi, Nadine and Anj!

Kwi was going to follow after her class but in the meantime, I was able to hang out with Nadine :) We first had breakfast in Boulangerie de Papa (located in 1 rue de la Harpe), near Jardin du Luxembourg



I ordered Nutella Banane. Oh joy! It was soooo good! The crepe was delicioso!

We ate our crepes at Jardin du Luxembourg. It was a gloomy day but at least it didn't rain!


It was such a huge park, a bit similar to Jardin du Tuileries. But I like this park more. There's so much to see and it's so relaxing to just stay there and read a book or even have a picnic :) As you can see, the trees are balding already. Autumn in front of my very eyes :)

This is portion of the park that has grass, cause the rest of the park doesn't have.

The building at the back is the Palais du Luxembourg.



So I was taking pictures and I suddenly saw this cart that looked like a boat! I wondered how long it took this man to make it. It seemed to be made of recycled materials.


At around lunch time, we met up with Anj! :)

And of we went to our next food trip agenda. We passed by this building and Nadine was explaining to me how one part doesn't look the same. Apparently, there wasn't enough funds for the building :)) I don't know what this building is but it looks funny. It could actually be part of the those games, spot the difference! :P



We went inside Pierre Herme and tried three flavors of their macarons. This store is known to have fruity macarons. We got their bestsellers which are caramel, passion fruit and black currant. After eating them, I still don't understand the rave about them. Haha I'm still not a convert!

We were supposed to try mille feuille at this place called Stephanie Vandermeesch but we found out that it was a private flat. 

Instead, we saw Grom and opted to eat ice cream! :) <3

The guy that was serving was so friendly! :)


I got the Crema de Grom and Vanille <3 Super good combination. 

The guy was too nice that he even gave us free cookies each! :)

It's funny how we had desserts first before our actual lunch! Hihi. By the time we were done, Nadine had to leave. So Anj and I waited for Kwi to come :)

Our last food stop was in Chez Marianne - located in rue Hospitalieres St Gervais. According to a lot reviews, they have the best falafels in town. 


Kwi and I ordered a falafel traditionnel.


While Anj ordered falafel with kefta :)

The falafel was good (the balls were crispy) but I felt it lacked sauce. 

So before heading home, we passed by Centre Pompidou to check out the bookstore. Anj went wild with the postcards but I wasn't sure if she bought them all. I wanted to go wild with the notebooks (they have such pretty notebooks) but Kwi and I had to go back to the station! :(


..But when we got to the station, there was so many people! It was madness! :o Most of all the trains to and from Paris were delayed! :o Kwi and I found out later on that there was a group of boys that walked on the rail tracks so the trains stopped. And this caused the trains to get delayed @_@ We missed our regional train ride because of this!


Goooood thing though we were allowed to go inside the fast train and we got home by around 10 in the evening. 


Kwi at the bar area, like a boss!

This was our dinner in the train :)) I've been craving for peanuts for a long time already and I finally was able to look them in Lidl :) Another crazy Eurotrip experience! :))
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment