Monday, October 17, 2011

Jour 58 - Parisian Tooth Decay

October 17th, Monday

Kwi and I wanted to spend a day in Paris (again, for the nth time haha). We first went to Citadium to check out Pull and Bear. We have this weird addiction with that store ever since we entered one when we were in Euralille (the shopping mall in Lille). We were so stupid not to check it out when we were in Barca! Yes, Pull and Bear is a Spanish brand. [Oh a little side note: I super miss Spain :( ] When we went inside the store, we didn't really see much. The stock they had in this branch was limited. Good for my wallet though! :))

Next stop, we wanted to explore Champ Elysees. We got down in Charles de Gaulle-Etoile and we immediately saw the Arc de Triumphe. I actually wasn't really in the mood of taking pictures today because of the gloomy weather. :|

We passed by Pierre Herme because Kwi wanted to try the famous French macaron. I got one piece which is called Pietra. I liked it cause it was praline hazelnut! Two things I absolutely love in pastries <3 But as I said in my previous blog, I still don't see why people are so obsessed with these small pastries. I think they're overpriced, way way overpriced.

Okay, so I have kwento. Louis Vuitton is quite an obsession with women all over the world but I didn't know that there are some people who are too obsessed with it. As we were walking along Champ Elysees, about 4 Chinese women came up to us asking if we could fall in line for them and buy them the bags they want. Apparently, the store has a 3 bags per person policy. It was creepy because these Chinese women would show up out of nowhere! @_@ I would have loved to it if they offered to pay me to go inside - one thing you must know about me, I don't also see the fuzz about this brand. I'm a simple girl who doesn't really like luxurious brands. I'm more of a girl who is obsess with leather (and I even like it better if there's no brand in my things). Anyway, so Kwi and I pretended we didn't understand. They seemed to be scams :|

Next, we went to Laduree. Kwi, again, wanted to try macarons. She wanted to compare which had better ones (the Pierre Herme vs. Laduree test).

On the mean time, I wanted to try their mille feuille - it's this supposedly thousand layered cake. For the longest time, I've always wanted to try it. Verdict of the cake: SUPER GOOD! This is way better than macarons! <3 I think I'll look for a boulangerie here in Lille, a cheaper place to get it! Laduree, just like Pierre, costs too much for a student :|

For late lunch, I took Kwi to Au P'tit Grec. This time around, I had the courage to order one whole savory crepe for myself. I got oeuf, jambon, fromage. Super good! The guy really puts heaping amounts of cheese! :) But, I don't really a large appetite, I got full easily. So I had to doggy bag half of it. Will eat it tomorrow morning! Haha


Check out this fountain: it squirts water in a different way.

We passed by the Pantheon also. The area where it is located has such a very historical feel. The architecture makes me imagine I'm still back in the old old times. :)


Our second to the last stop, we went to Centre Pompidou. I wanted to check out their notebooks again. I didn't get any cause I thought they would have cute doodly designs :( 

Last stop, I wanted to see how Uniqlo looked like in Paris. Huge huge place! And I don't know why but there were A LOT of people today. I love their stuff but I still can't afford most of their things :| It's just me window shopping. Pretty awesome day, I did a lot of walking and sightseeing - something I do less nowadays because it's getting colder. :| Oh how I miss the ber month weather in Manila!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment