Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jour 40 - CDG Camp Out

September 29th, Thursday

Dinner before leaving the house - we baked mushrooms with olive oil, garlic, parsley, and other herbs! Healthy healthy <3

We had a train to catch tomorrow early morning from Paris and we had no choice but to take the last train from Lille to Paris the night before. We got to Paris around 23:00 and it was scary as s**t. Uh, I don't know if you know this but there are a lot of hobos in the train stations of Paris at night. I don't mean to discriminate them but I didn't feel at all safe.



We had no choice but to stay in the waiting area of the CDG airport. By waiting I meant to take a nap and keeping an eye on our stuff. I was only able to take a nap for 3 hours while Kwi slept more. I guess we were just so dedicated to get to Lourdes that we super sacrificed our night. Just so you know, there are A LOT of hobos in CDG at night. It is advisable not to go there alone, especially if you're a girl. It's a good thing I had Kwi with me. Oh and don't pay attention to strangers. Remember the stranger rule that our moms used to tell us, well apply it whenever you're in a scary situation. 
I guess this happens to other backpackers also! We were so blessed nothing happened to us and our things! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment