Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jour 43 - Sunday Sea Breeze in San Sebastian

October 2nd, Sunday


Sunday morning and Kwi and I just wanted a lazy day in San Sebastian. We got up and went to the park to eat our breakfast.

This is something I'll miss back home! Haha. Digestive cookies are so addictiveeeee. And they help people go! Hahahaha.

As I mentioned before, most shops are closed during Sundays. We were lucky to see this shop open! :D :D

And to my surprise they had the most adorable drawings ever! 

I got a cheese clock <3 it was too cute that I couldn't resist! When I get back home in the Philippines, I can't wait to display it in my wall :)

The river or whatever this body of water is called is really clean. The rocks are so artistic looking :)


Before heading to the beach, we wanted to eat in La Vina. According the blog that I was reading before, this restaurant serves really good cheesecake. We noticed that a lot of the bars were opened even in the middle of day. Apparently, there was a game and you know how Spanish people are when it comes to football. 

Saw this espadrille store along the way and I was sad :( It's closed! I would have been their number 1 customer cause their espadrilles are so cheap :( :( And this store is even named after my family!!!



We also passed by a church but I'm not quite sure what the name of this church is.

We finally got to the famous Triente y Uno de Agosto street. There are so many pintxo bars along this street.

So many people were inside that we just had to eat in the bar area.

First, we ordered Txakoli. It's this fizzy drink that's being pour from above.

I love taste! It's sweet and mild, unlike red wine.

Our lunch was all pintxos. We just pointed to what looked appetizing.

Trivia: pintxos are just like tapas. I was so happy to see that their pintxos in this restaurant was cheap(er) compared to other places we saw!

The first pintxos we tried was this crab and mayo in bread thing. I wasn't able to take a picture of it but it really good cause they used real crab meat instead of the artificial crab meats sold in the supermarkets.

This was our second pintxos. Really good! It's anchovies in olive oil, vinegar and herbs. They served it with bread.

Revuelto de Hongos. It looks like an omelet with fresh mushrooms! And yet another delicious dish <3

This pintxos had ham, salmon, shrimp and some kind of mayo in it! I never would have thought mayo and ham would be great together :)

The last pintxos we tried was the restaurant's most original dish. Canutillo de queso y anchoa is simply cream cheese in a wanton wrapper with anchovies. It was heavenly!!!

Me with the owner of the store! :)

For desert, we tried their famous cheesecake! It was a divine treat!!!!!!!!! :) It was so light, I swear I could more!



I have a stalker shot with this kid! Cute little soccer fan :)



Finally, the beach! I felt so insecure with the Spanish women I saw. THEY'RE ALL SO SEXY! @_@ Now it's hunting me and telling me that I should starting working out. :|

I stayed in the shaded part of the beach because I didn't want to get so dark! Haha


Thinsinsperations :|


It was too hot that we decided to get ice cream! I got two flavors - nata and vanilla. YUM!

We went back to the casa and it was time to pack! Here's the cheese clock that I got earlier during the day!

I really had to stuff everything inside because I didn't want to hand carry stuff. 
xx

2 comments:

  1. You can get digestives in Mark and Spencer. They even have the kind with milk chocolate and dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yey! Super awesome Erika! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete