Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jour 25 - Picnic under the Eiffel Tower et the Other Side of Paris

September 14th, Wednesday

Hello there guys! :) After a week of being MIA (sorry I was in Barcelona for 6 days, and yes I'll update you guys on what happened to me there), it feels good to be blogging again. First off, my day trip in Paris. There was no big agenda to go to in Paris - Kwi and I just wanted to have a picnic under the Eiffel Tower and just go squandering off to some place afterwards.


The thing I like about Paris is that they have kick ass public toilets all over the city! Spotted. It's super cool cause after every person that goes inside, it washes the bowl of the toilet - that's why it remains to be clean.

Birds here in Paris are very very healthy. They're luckier than me! They get to try different kinds of bread for freeeee!

Aha! And the tower :)

Such a beautiful tower! I just had to show you guys what I was seeing (but yeah, when I was watching the video again it didn't look like the thing I saw in real life).

It was really such a beautiful morning in Paris that day! Blue sky plus cotton like clouds, truly a perfect time to relax.

Menu for the day: deli sandwiches (salami plus brie and tomatoes), fresh nectarines, prunes and our homemade Clafoutis aux pomme cake :)


Note: this isn't photoshopped. It just looks like it because it was really sunny that day :)



It's funny how this sign looks like :))

So after our picnic, we decided to walk around and look for bookstores!



We first saw this bookstore but then..

It was still closed when we got there :(

Oh, and check this out: a street named after my school way back home.

Things I must must try before my Eurotrip ends! :)


This picnic basket made me realize how much I want to have a picnic back home - a cheese picnic!

Haha the weird looking statue!

We went inside this shop and the lady was too nice - she made us try red wine and I don't know we got "forced" to buying something in the store. Uhhhh, good marketing skills that woman had!

This is what we bought - so far, we haven't eaten it yet.

We found a mall! And we saw chairs, and guess what? We took a nap for about 40 minutes. And then there was this creepy old guy who was near us so we opted to walk around again. I guess the both of us have been tired because our traveling to places have been non-stop.

As I mentioned, we were wanderers for the day. We were walking and then suddenly, we saw a moules and frites place again. I don't know, for the longest time I've been craving for french fries almost all the time. 

We agreed to go inside. Check out their menu! Isn't it adorable?



I ordered mussels with Roquefort <3

A little side note: this sauce here is one of man's greatest inventions! :) :) I think I'm going to the supermarket soon to buy myself a bottle of it!

I'm a happy girl with my moules and frites! :D

Here I am with our super duper kulit waiter who served us! At first, he kept on persisting that we order appetizers but we kept on telling him how we just wanted moules and frites! :P


 After lunch, we headed to this random street and we saw so many cute boutiques!

So cutttttte! Tiny croque madames!

And tiny tiny quiches!

We passed by the Seine River as well.


Here's Notre Dame. We didn't go inside because we actually had to go to our last mission!

The church had cool looking guards. Haha


 Remember the movie, the Hunchback of Notre Dame? Well there you have it! The ugly gargoyles!!! @_@

If you guys don't know, I am a sucker for cheese. I love cheese so much that I can just eat cheese all day long! Seriously (but I can't do that here, cause [1] I'll get fat - really really fat and [2] good cheese is quite expensive - not student friendly!)

As a consolation, I take pictures of different kinds of cheese in the hopes of trying a lot of them in the future :(

Aside from cheese, I super super love mustard! I'm planning to go to Dijon so that I could at least try different kinds of mustard there. <3

Kwi and I were so happy when we saw this store again (this is one of the famous stores in Brussels).

We were able to convince ourselves to buy 4 pieces of different cookies :) A snack to bring while on the way to Barcelona the next day!


This street had different boutiques, some catered to fashion, some to food and others to art. 

Our last stop before heading back home was to try the Mousse au chocolat (chocolate mousse) in Chez Janou. According to Maica, this desert is a must try in this place. Actually, we had a really hard time finding this restaurant! We asked help from the nearest hotel we found, and he was kind enough to point us to the right direction! And poof! We found it. 

I like how this restaurant is really in the middle of nowhere. :) Although, I didn't like the service :| Just because we weren't able to speak in French, we're treated differently. Ugh.

Since we were just eating desert, the waiter told us to move up to the bar. Check out the size of the order!!! It's huge. Yes, Kwi and I didn't expect it to be that big cause we just wanted to share. The waiter told us that we can get as much as we want! 

We got only finish this big a dollop! But I must say the mousse is quite good! Definitely a must try! :)

I just had to take a picture with the bowl. I think it's even bigger than my head!!! Haha

Really fun day in Paris! I can't wait for another random day where I'll be in Paris again (since I have the unlimited 3-month Eurail pass) :)
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment