Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jour 15 - La Braderie

September 4th, Sunday

Day 2 of Braderie and I spent it with Auntie Rosie and Kwi. I'll have to wait til Auntie Rosie sends me the pictures of that day!


It was raining really hard, even til evening. Before heading home to Rue Auber, Kwi and I checked this restaurant in Colbert to see if they still were serving moules and frites. We were at that time we were checking but when we got there by 17h30, it was all gone! We had no choice but to go to Rue Royale. We ended up going inside Le Galichon (I know, it sounds like lechon - missing lechon now haha). At first, we thought they were serving moules but apparently we came in too late. We had to check out their other dishes.


I ordered the Carbonnade a la Flamande. It's this Flemish beef stew in which beef and onions are simmered in Belgian ale until the meal is tender, the onions are sweet and the ale has cooked down into a rich, dark gravy. I'm guessing the Belgian beer that they used here was sweet because the dish itself is sweet. I they might have used Leffe.

 Kwi got Potjevleech - it's another Flemish dish. The name itself means "little pot of meat". There are different kinds of meat part of the pot - chicken, rabbit, pork and veal - all inside cold jelly. Yes, it doesn't really look appetizing but I must say it's quite good. One just has to get used to the taste cause it's a bit sour. 

 Lastly, Auntie Rosie had Gallete du Ch'ti. It's a savory kind of crepe with chicken, mushrooms and cream.

Since this was the last night of Auntie Rosie, she even treated us to Gelato! :) (caramel and coffee)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment