Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jour 22 - Nice et Kwi's Birthday

September 11th, Sunday

Our last day in Nice and we woke up after lunch already! Haha. And of course, we were so hungry by the time we were ready to go out of the hostel. Almost all the boulangeries were closed so we had no choice but to go to Mcdo and buy the cheapest thing in the menu. 

I got this tiny burger (1.95EUR) and I wasn't full. I don't know why but ever since I've been in Europe, I get so hungry easily. I guess it's cause I do everything on my own - chores, etc. And I keep on walking to wherever. So after this burger, I went to a Kebab shop and ordered a Kebab sandwich. It wasn't so good but I got full. 

We passed by this hella cute store! <3

Again, my heart melted with everything colorful and cute in the store!!!!


 We decided to just chill at the beach today. Not this kind of chill but to sit in some area where we could just be all alone. Well Kwi went to another part of the beach so that she could read a book. Aira and I stayed in one corner with a little umbrella opened! Haha.
 Beside us we saw a cute family fishing!


 Oh and there's a train that gives a 45 minute tour around Nice. We wanted to try it but it was too expensive!


...More of the cars!

 There was a little exhibition at the side of the beach! Can I just say? All of the photographs are just so niceeeee!

Check this part of the beach: it has fake sand!

We decided to walk up Site de'l Ancien Chateau. A pretty long walk just to get to the top!




This is the view I saw from above. Gorgeous sight!

 For dinner, we were supposed to try Cafe de Turin but it was too expensive for our student budget. So we opted to take the unlimited moules!


 We all had two huge bowls of mussels each. I got to the Napolitan moules and then the poulette (cream).

 Of course, it came with fries. I must say, their fries didn't taste so good. Haha! But I finished my bowl of fries out of hunger.

Oh and we met a group of Finnish ladies beside our table. One of them even gave us a flower!!! So cute! They were so warm and friendly to us! <3 Actually the lady who gave us the flower even said that she will fight for the cute waiter even if she's 10 years older. (Side story: there's this cute waiter that Aira and Kwi were eyeing the whole night. The waiter was extremely friendly to Kwi. Haha)

We got so jealous with the ladies that we ordered the same dessert they had! It doesn't look appetizing but the restaurant's Tiramisu was okay. My vote for the best Tiramisu still goes to UCC.

Travelling around France or even around Europe is really expensive that we count by the penny! @_@ I know it's different in Manila but trust me, even cent counts here in Europe.

We went for a walk some more before heading back to our hostel.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment