Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jour 105 - Free Walking Tour Around Berlin

December 3rd, Saturday


The girls and I woke up early to catch the free walking tour hosted by New Sandemans. Oh and before leaving the hostel, I took a picture of the hallway of my hostel. Isn't it pretty? :)

The weather forecast today: rainy. So I was wearing my kiddy rain boots! Haha!

For the walking tour, we had to meet up our tour guide in front of Brandenburg Gate

We thought that there was gonna be a tour at 9, but during the winter the earliest tour starts at 11. So we had time to take pictures of the place and roam around.


I finally saw the Kennedy museum! I saw this first in Gia's blog. And I was happy to finally take a picture of it :)

 
We still had time to spare so we decided to walk to the memorial. This memorial is actually a dream of Aira. She wants a picture of her lying down... which happened by the way! But then the guard saw her and stopped her :)) It's in Kwi's camera!


Seeing this I felt so cold, inside and out. Oh poor Jews...

The girls and I actually had funny cute pictures in Kwi's camera! Hopefully, one of these days I'll remember to post it! :)

Before going back to the meeting point, we headed to Ritter Sport cafe to have hot chocolate!



My hot chocolate had milk chocolate in it! <3 Stupid move though of ordering cheesecake with it. Ugh! The worst cheekcake I've tried so far!


Happy and satisfied!

The girls and I wanted to pose with our winter wears! Oh I shall miss looking stupid! :))

Our tour started with the Parisien Plaza. Our tour guide explained to us the history behind the monuments around. Very informative man! (even though he was English)


Berlin wall

It started to rain so it was really hard taking pictures :((

As we were walking for a stop at a cafe, Kwi saw her dream hat! She just had to buy it! If you don't know her, well Kwi's obsessed with Russia. :))

For the rest of the tour, I wasn't able to take pictures. :( The rain and the cold really destroyed my mood! Our last stop was Museum Island. But by then, the girls and I were so so tired and hungry. So we decided to go to the nearest Christmas market for our late lunch/early dinner!


Ohhh I was so happy when I finally saw a stall that sold sausages! <3
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment