Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jour 123 - Last Full Day in Lille

December 21st,  Wednesday

Last full day in Lile, last full day in Europe..
This was the reality - I was going to home tomorrow already! Because of this, Aira and I promised to explore Lille.

We visited school for the last time - we needed to get our certificates.

Here's Aira taking pictures of Building E.

After school, we went walking around the city center. We ate in Paul's for the last time :( Oh how I miss being a pig and eating macarons like it's the end of the world. We walked around the Vieux Lille, Euralille - really feeling so sad that by tomorrow my "4-month grand vacation" will soon come to an end :(

For lunch, Renan and Ryan met up with us! We ate in this fancy French restaurant in Vieux Lille (first and last time to eat in a fancy place). Aira suggested that we go here. And galing! The food was magnifique! :D

Caeasar salad for our starter!

And then we had duck for our main dish :)

This was the restaurant, just wanted to show the name :P

So after all our last minute shopping (yes, despite the rain), Aira and I headed to Tita Juliet's.

Aaaaw, the last time we helped out with the babies :(


For those who don't know Tita Juliet, she's been my mom in Lille. She's a Filipina who's been living there for a long time already. She married a French man and she's been happily living there :) Aaaaaw, us with Tita! She's really the nicest person I have met during my 4 months there <3


This is Nico, the youngest son of Tita J. He's so cute! He's always entertaining us whenever we're there.

OMG. So Renan accepted the challenge of Nico when he asked Renan for a race in Wii Fit. Renan was dying after the run :)))))



For dinner, we had Raclette. Hayyyyy, so good! This is the apparatus for cooking the raclette cheese. It may seem weird that people get full with potatoes and ham but the fact that there's potatoes involve says it all. If I were to go back to Europe, I would definitely buy a raclette machine! >:)

f
Goodbyes are really so so hard, especially when you're saying goodbye to someone who has touched your life so much. That's Tita J for me. She has touched my life, and the other exchange students. Hay, of course I cried :(( it was really heartbreaking for me because I don't really know when I'll ever see her again..
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment