Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jour 121 - Buda

December 19th, Monday

We woke up feeling like a millionaire! Hungary is part of the European countries that is not doing so well in the economic perspective. And we all had a mission in our last leg -- to spend the least in this city! With the help of our receptionist (geez, I totally forgot his name), he suggested that we explore the Buda side first :)




So this lovely Monday morning brought us up to Buda Hills!

I super loved the weather that day :) It was a one-digit degree weather but because of the sun, I didn't feel the draft of the wind so much!




Jeje pose with Aira girlie <3

We had lunch in this place that's super old. I'm not quite sure how old it is but it's old :)) ...and it's truly Hungarian! Haha

Aira and I split this dish - it was the chicken paprika! Super goooooood I must say! The sauce was heavenly! :) And I think that's one of the cheapest (yet really good) meals I've had here in Europe. Oh a little trivia: one thing I found out about Hungary, they're known for their paprika! Now that I'm thinking about it again, I should have bought paprika in the market. Guuuuh! I super love that spice and I'm regretting that I didn't buy anything :(( Oh well! Til the next European adventure!

After lunch, we decided to go to the Buda Castle! It was such a lovely day, so walking up the hill wasn't a problem for us :)





When we went down, we were going towards where the "shoes" were and we saw the parliament on the pest side! :)

And of course, I just had to be in the picture :))

When we got to the side, we finally the "shoes". Apparently, these shoes are commemorated to the victims of the Nazi regime. This was such a sad sight because I could imagine the people who jumped into the river in order to escape. :(

From here, we wanted to have a coffee break!

Btw, here's the opera! People who were entering the area really looked fancy pancy! :))

We went inside the biggest bookstore in town! The receptionist told us that there's this cafe that had similar murals as the one inside the opera!

Indeed, the cafe was really pretty! And full!

"Another cup of hot chocolate please!" Yes, because of the cold weather we've been having so many cups of hot chocolate :)) This is one of the best hot chocolates I've tasted so far! YUMMMMM :>

Now for dinner, we went to a Christmas market..

...and got of course a Hungarian sausage! >:)


For dessert, we ordered three different cakes from a famous place. Uh, another let down. The best pastries will be from the French! :))
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment