Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jour 122 - Pest

December 20th, Friday

Our last full day in Budapest and this time we wanted to explore the Pest side. I was so excited to go to the House of Terror BUT it's was closed that day :(((( So we went instead to a food market where they were selling langos. It's the variation of the Hungarians for the French crepe!



The langos is way deadlier (I think) because the bread is deep dried! And I could feel the oil dripping! Hahaha. The first I tried this was in Berlin and I think what I got back then was better - it was very simple, it had cheese, sour cream and garlic. See the langos on top? Well, good thing Aira and I split this baby! I couldn't finish it myself! :o


A very common Hungarian dessert is strudel. I'm pretty sure a lot of us know strudel that's apple. Sammy wanted to give it a try. It wasn't so bad raw, according to her.



We passed by the Jewish community cause we were so curious how this tree really looks like in flesh. We didn't go inside anymore because it was a fee to enter!


Aira posing with my red beret!


Another church that we passed by! Haha



It was really cold that day soooo, here's Renan with his funny getup! He was actually wearing two scarves that day!

We wanted to check the romantic park of Budapest. We were waiting for the bus that goes inside the park because we just really wanted to take pictures :))

The girls and their dance moves! LOL

I love these girls so much <3 After the "tour", we all felll asleep in the bus! I think lack of sleep has finally caught up on us!


For our late late lunch, we wanted to eat here - another authentic Hungarian restaurant. It was full when we went there so we went to a cafe to warm up.

At the same street, we saw a cute cafe! One one side, there was a cooking class going on. Someone was teaching about 5 people how to make chocolate! :s So jealous when I saw this!!!!

We went to the corner where we could just chill and have our cup of hot chocolate! :D

Anyway, so after that we went back to the restaurant. And again, Aira and I split lunch. We got chicken and some chickpea soup!



Renan ordered this and it actually tasted like kaldereta :))))

That night, we just wanted to chill in the hostel. Renan was still in the mood to drink so instead of doing his own thing, he actually bought us beer! :) Then it suddenly hit me - my Eurotrip was gonna end soon! Four months really flew so fast! @_@ I didn't even notice it pass by :(
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment