Friday, August 26, 2011

Jour 5 - Stinky Aout et Tita Juliet

August 25th, Thursday



If you don't understand what the three of us are doing, well we just realized that we have this charm to a certain kind of people. Uh, I really can't write it cause it might hurt some people. Let's just say we girls love the scent of good scents and sometimes (well okay more often than not), we don't get so smell good things and we're having a hard time trying to get "used" to it. Mahirap talaga. Magaganda at gwapo sila pero pag lumapit, nako ayyyyy ang baho! (Okay, I'll stop right here).

Orientation ended pretty early so Kwi and I decided to walk back home and chill. We were walking in a new street and it just so happened Kwi noticed this door. Cool ey? The doorknob is in the middle! Haha

After orientation, Aira invited us to visit Tita Juliet. Tita Juliet is this Filipina woman who is the mommy of all the Filipino exchange students in France. She's a nanny who takes care of cute little kids! :)

Before going to Tita Juliet's, we first went to the center of Lille to take pictures and to stroll around.


Aaaw <3 Bisous bisous from the three of us!


Check out these trees!

So to get to Tita Juliet's, we had to take two buses. One from ISEN to Lille Flandres, then get bus 36 to go to Vadamme. On the way to the second bus, there was this lady who has giving out fliers about some event we couldn't understand. We think she was saying that there is a party that Transpole (their public transportation system) is hosting but we're not sure. We still need to translate the big map she gave us.


While at the second bus, I could see the change of scenery. From old buildings to high-end branded cars, I saw farms and cattle and houses. This for me is the country side of Lille. 

And finally, Tita Juliet's house!



Her garden is so pretty! So colorful!!

Here's one of the kids! I forgot her name but she's just so cute! Sitting down quietly and drinking juice! I just had to take a picture beside her. Hihi

Tita Juliet converted a part of her living room into a play room. The red cabinet in the middle really caught my attention.

Here's us with Tita Juliet and one of the kids named Jean (I think it's pronounced as John). 

She has this huge pine cone tree in her front yard. She told us she doesn't want to cut it down  because this tree can be seen Google Maps when people search for her house.

We were able to spend the afternoon with Jean and Cammy (Jean's older brother). Jean is this quiet baby who loves to swing. I swear, she's too tiny that I want to squish her! HAHAHAHA


Here's Cammy, Kwi's youngest and first French lover. He got struck by lightning when he saw Kwi. We were playing in the front yard when he suddenly picked two flowers for her. When he handed her the flowers, he instantly blushed!! What a cute, malandi and sweet boy! :')

The dad picked them up at around 5. The girls and I think he's a farmer nearby. This picture made me miss my family and friends back home! (shout out to my loved ones in Manila, wherever you guys are!)

We said goodbye to Tita Juliet at around 18h25, just in time for the last bus. At around 18h45, we were on the edge of our seats already. There was no sight of a bus around. And then suddenly it came! Yipee! The bus going home, I finally was able to take a picture of the cows I saw! Check 'em out. They're huge! (That's what she said). Haha but yeah. They really are!

...And then a bus inspector came in. Uh oh. Some dude in front didn't have a ticket with him. So for anyone of you who are thinking of getting on a bus for a free ride, think again. The inspectors here are pretty strict. I mean compare paying the regular 1.40 EUR to a 20 EUR fine. 

*Oh and I saw guys making beso each other! Both cheeks! Haha I'm going to make my guy friends back home do this!


Kwi and I cooked the leftover French beans for dinner. Oh and we also ate the leftover chicken.

Desert was kiwi and gooseberry. If you guys are curious what these gooseberries taste like, uh yeah they're sour, as in really sour! I'm not sure if I want to buy those again in the market.
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment