Friday, December 9, 2011

Jour 109 - Le Cordon Bleu Cooking Class

December 7th, Wednesday

Today was my second to the last day of ever using my Eurail :( My unlimited freedom will be soon gone! Anyway, since I didn't want to pay for any reservation for a high speed train, I took the long cut for the very last time. I was being emo in the train! Oh I was thinking about all the times I would randomly go to Paris because I felt like doing so :( Hayyyy sorry for being emo!

I got to Paris at around 9 and headed straight to Maica's. :)

I stayed in for the afternoon cause it was gloomy outside. I ended up chatting with Noel's bestfriend, Justin! Yes, we skyped for 2 hours :)) I miss that guy na! I waited for Cam to get to Paris. 

At around 3pm, she got to Maica's. We went inside Dalloyau to try some stuff!



Thanks for making libre! :D


We went back to the flat and ate with Maica! :)

Cam and I had a class to catch, which was at 7pm! But before that, I was telling her how I really wanted to eat macarons from Pierre for the very last time :( :( We performed metro and walking acrobatics! So from Maica's flat, we walked the whole of Champs just so we could find Pierre. Er, stupid of me - I couldn't remember where exactly the store was. Soo... we ended up asking so many strangers! :)) Well, Cam was speaking in French asking people around. Until finally, someone gave us useful information!!!!

We had around 10 minutes to purchase our macarons and go straight to the metro!

We got to Le Cordon Bleu 15 minutes early!!! :)



Wooowww! Blake had lessons here! :)


That's our teacher/chef! He's super French! He's Chef Frederic Lesourd. He was joking around that he's just been in the industry for a week and he's the fake chef. :)) So we had a translator translate the whole lesson. Oh and I thought we were gonna really cook. But, when we got there we saw it was a classroom type setting. We just watched him :(

But hey! What he cooked were intensively hard! :s He cooked two dishes at the same time - and it was hard to follow cause he was simultaneously cooking both dishes! 
Lesson for the day:
- Warm oysters with a shallot gratin and caviar
- Guinea fowl pie with bone-marrow and scallions

That's the chef's sous chef. She's Brazilian. Oh side kwento: during the class, we saw the petty fights the both had! :s Scary! Parang reality show!



We had to carefully take note of everything! Apparently, the French way of cooking is that they only give you the ingredients! They don't give you the steps :( So we had to write down our own steps :(

For our appetizer, we tried the oysters! OOOOHLALA! Super duper duper good and fresh! The poached oyster was just perfect with the sabayon sauce :D


The guinea fowl pie is the more tedious dish. There were so many steps in order to make such a crusty, juicy savory pie <3


We had salad on the side because the chef was saying how the pie was too rich and that the salad will counteract the fattiness of the dish :) SO GOOOOOD!

After about 2 hours of cooking, we're finally graduates! :) The three of us agreed to make these dishes back in Manila! YEYYY!

Cam had to leave earlier. She had a night bus to catch to London. So Ryan and I had bonding time the whole night! We were still hungry so we went to find Chez Gladines. But when we got there, there was too much people that we had no choice but to eat in a restaurant beside it. 

We both got a set menu - for our appetizer, goat cheese salad! This was quite good!

But for my main course, uh I didn't like it so much :| We had so much fun making kwento that we didn't realize that it was midnight already! We were hurrying back to the metro cause we were so scared that it would close on us. UGGGH, when we were about to switch to line 9 to go to Maica's the metro closed down on us! :| We had to no choice but to walk from Trocadero to Saint Philippe du Roule. We walked for about 2 hours, cause I made us both lost. Haha! We were in the street where Maica lives (Faubourg Saint Honore) and we ended walking the whole street until we saw the President's place! :))))) 

This is a reminder that we walked the whole of Champs that night! The arc was really pretty that night :) Oh boy, me and my stupidity with directions :))
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment