Monday, December 5, 2011

Jour 103 - Night Train Revelation

December 1st, Thursday

I was supposed to have an oral exam in French today but I didn't realize that my night train to Germany was also the same night. Good thing my professor was kind enough to say I could take it next week :) So I had the whole morning to prepare. I was really feeling nervous about this - Kwi had to catch another train cause apparently my train was too expensive. All I was thinking about was 12 hours in the train would be like hell :| I wouldn't be able to sleep because I'd be so paranoid to watch over my things :| Anyway, so from Lille I went to Paris to catch my night train which was at 8. I was trying to stay calm the whole time. I went inside the train earlier to take pictures :))



I was lucky to sit with two Australians who were friendly. Oh and also this French man who didn't talk. No one bugged me! :) And then came 11pm. I would wake up every so often and when I opened my eyes, I saw KWI! Yes, I saw herrrrrrr. OMG. We didn't know we would be in the same train! @_@ So my night train experience wasn't so bad after all :) 
Though here are some things you should know about night trains:
(a) it's not that safe - you'll have to constantly watch your things
(b) you can't super doze off - taking a nap in a seat is not the most comfortable thing to do for 12 hours
(c) you'll have to stretch and go out of your seat once in a while - don't don't don't ever follow me. I didn't really stretch and after 12 hours I felt my feet numb up @_@

To cut the story short, after 12 hours of grueling train time Kwi and I finally got to Berlin!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment