Monday, December 5, 2011

Jour 104 - Bear-lin

December 2nd, Friday

As I said in my previous entry, after 12 hours of pain..touchdown Berlin!!!!! :)


We got down the central station in order to take the S-Bahn to our hostel. Oh I have good news to those who are thinking of buying a Eurail Pass. One perk you have in Berlin is that you'll have unlimited access on the S-Bahn! Yipeeee! So yes, I didn't need to pay for most of my metro rides since most of the places had S-Bahn stations :)

Our hostel was awarded as last year's best new hostel!



It felt so different. It didn't feel like a hostel at all. Too sosyal! But there's one thing you need to know, I just paid around 11EUR per night! Super not bad right? :) :)


So happy when I found out that there's a Lidl beside our hostel! I swear, Lidl is my favorite supermarket here in Europe. It's so cheap that I always get shocked at my bill (always less than half the amount I'd be paying in other supermarkets).


Since Aira and Sam were gonna arrive later, we decided to go for a quick walking tour. We went here to find out that the free walking tour we wanted to go to was just one. So we ditched the tour and went to the Christmas market beside it :)

I don't know if you know this but Christmas is really big in Germany. I was surprise to find out that Berlin even has its own pdf for all the Christmas markets in the city!




Cuteeeeeee <3


After checking out the Christmas market, we passed by this museum. We didn't go in though. The price to enter was too expensive for what we expected to see.

It started to rain so I suggested that we go inside a covered area and chill for a bit. I wanted to eat the red velvet cake (the one I tried in Madrid) but they didn't have it. I opted for the cheesecake since I really miss Cheesecake factory BUT... it still wasn't the same :((

Back to our hostel..Notice anything? Well that's our fridge. The weather in Berlin is so cold that you can just leave food outside and it can serve as a refrigeration. :))

Finally, the girls got to Berlin! :) It was pretty late already but still we wanted to take them to a nearby Christmas market to eat :)



We had Currywurst for dinner! It's this type of Berliner dish that has some kind of barbeque sauce and curry powder on top. Strange combination but really really good! <3


We didn't do much in the market (a.k.a. eat much) cause it closed at 10. :))
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment