Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jour 1 - Ghost Town Side des Lille

August 21st, Sunday


So MY MOST AWAITED day has finally arrived! 17 hours of flight just to get to France! I was sleeping almost the entire time! Haha

This is me being bored at the Doha Airport. Yes, we have to wait there for two hours!


This is me waiting in the train station (SNCF) from Paris to Lille.


Kwi, my roommate, and I want to go to this concert! Check out the bands that are playing!!! Wild!


The pretty train station!


This is Kwi's mom, Auntie Rosie. OMG. Can I just say? She's so awesome! She took care of us both from the very start! And yeah, she's way way more stronger than both Kwi and I combined.


Aaaaw cute! The passenger beside me brought her dog along! So cute! <3
The lady was nice enough to tell us that we weren't going to get down Lille Europe, instead the train stopped in Lille Flandres today.


Finally in Lille! :)




While waiting for the taxi, Kwi and I took pictures! I swear the place is so surreal! It feels so fake cause it's so nice!


Saw Mcdo on the way! Will try their Mcbaguette soon.


What a quaint town :) But apparently, Sunday is considered a ghost town. There weren't many cars and people around. We were wondering where all of them have gone!


We hung out first in Auntie Rosie's apartment cause Mrs. Louisa, the owner of our flat, will be available in the late afternoon.


We finally saw an opened store. Lunch was here in Panini bread :)




 The place was so cute! It had different clocks of different cities around the world.


We opted to stay outside cause it was so hot! Yes, it was like Manila crazy hot! So weird!


I ordered this Chicken Panini. Good stuff! The bread was crusty in the outside but soft in the inside! I have yet to try the other sandwiches in Lille.


After eating lunch, we went to the Sunday Market found in Wazemmes. I wasn't able to take pictures cause I was too overwhelmed by the people. Finally crowds and crowds of people! I'll take pictures of it next week to show you guys. So we went back to Auntie Rosie's place to chill and eat all the fruits we bought in Wazemmes.


Look at the pretty strawberries we bought! It was so fragrant :)


 Oh and we also had gooseberries. Aren't they the cutest?


 I was so amazed when I saw the sugar cubes that I had to take a picture of them!


 We got flat bread with onions and spinach in them. Yummy!


Oh then we tried this weird fruit that had little thorns. I found it sweet but it had so many tiny tiny seeds!


We were dragging our carrying our luggages (yes, imagine my peony self lugging everything around - from block to block) to find our place. Finally we found 59 Rue Auber. I'll take a video of the place. It's really pretty! I can't believe Kwi and I will have the building for ourselves most of the time! >:) Mr. and Mrs. Liagre, the owners, are warm that they're allowing us to do whatever.


So there you go! My first day in Lille wasn't so bad. I'm excited for the following days to unfold. Orientation week starts tomorrow and I'm excited to meet 300 other international students who are going to study in IESEG. :)
xx

2 comments:

  1. surreal shit, lover. I can barely believe this is real already :)) Following you btw <3

    http://onthefword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie! Yeah me too! Everything here is too pretty! Thanks love, following you too! <3

    ReplyDelete