Monday, August 22, 2011

Jour 2 - Euralille et Palais Istanbul

August 22nd, Monday


Last day of "freedom" before orientation week!

Started my day with lots of prunes from Mrs. Liagre (the owner of the building I stay at). Yummy!

 Ah yes, and the typical French breakfast - croissant!

 Today was raining so we decided to take the bus to the Center of the town.


 We came across this bakeshop and the pastries looked too cute that I had to take pictures! :P

 HAHAHA. My guy friends back in Manila will be so game to check out this store!

 My dream car :) So pretty right?

 Excuse us for our morning looks but we just had to pose in front of the train station. Hihi

 Look at this beautiful castle! I'm really sure if its a legit castle.. I have yet to find out one of these days!

 The mall at last! Somewhere that isn't unknown to me.

 And of course I was thrilled to finally find H&M. I didn't shop today but watch out H&M, Inabina will be back there soon!

 We went to this big big supermarket! It's so huge that I think we were shopping for 2 hours!

 Remember the croissant that I showed you awhile ago, well it's from this store.

 Look at this laundromat place. It's open and expose so that people can see what the lady is doing? Haha the concept is pretty cute!

 I was so tempted to ride! Hahaha but I was just scared the police might catch me.

 So after a day's full of shopping, yes we shopped intensely, we were thinking of how to get back to the house. Auntie Rosie decided to just take the cab.

 When we were done fixing our stuff, we decided to roam around and check if stores were open. Apparently, still a lot of the stores are closed. You know how the Americans and Europeans have the same summer, well yeah even stores are have summer vacation. I guess its cause Lille is really a student town. We were able to see that Palais Istanbul was open!


 Lost in Translation. Bulent, the owner of the store, really had a hard time comprehending what we were saying. What a language barrier since we don't speak in French (and French don't know how to speak in English).


 I was so tempted to ask for a lollipop but I forgot to ask.

 Do you see closely what he was doing? Cool ey? :)

 And so our late lunch began. Kwi got this one - a Bouef Kebab (beef kebab).

 While Auntie Rosie and I got the Poulet Gallete. This is much better than the Panini I tried yesterday. Hihi

 Finally a picture with Bulent! What a kind French/Turkish person. He gave us this tip (well Kwi and I had to translate what he was saying; we're pretty sure this is what he said: He told us since we're students, we have to take care of our money. We said if we go to the supermarket its cheaper as compared to the market). Okay, what he said was really confusing cause all the while I thought its the opposite. Oh and he was nice enough to tell us that if ever we have any problems, we can just go back to his place and he will try to help us with a solution. :D

 He was too nice that he gave us a cup of complimentary Turkish tea. I super love it! It takes like milk tea without the milk!!

 We got home at around 6 and man we were all so tired! Happy day though. We were able to buy cheese. Yes, I have this checklist where in I'll be tasting all the kinds of cheese (and bread) if possible. Once I open each one of them, I'll criticize and rate the cheeses! 


Yey our fridge is finally looking a like a fridge! Kwi and I bought a lot of stuff for cooking and we've decided to eat healthy and cook like a boss!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment