Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jour 118 - Wien

December 16th, Friday

The next stop of our great Eastern European adventure was Vienna! This is actually a place my dad was telling that I should go to :) As I mentioned earlier in my previous post, we took the bus here :) When we got to the hostel, we were so so happy! The hostel was so clean :D Kudos to Wombats Vienna!!


Modern place indeed :)

After settling in, we wanted to eat lunch! We asked the receptionist for a place that serves authentic Austrian food. She cited a few.. We were so psyched to eat, even though it was raining! But oh gosh. Since our hunger was too strong, we got lost :)) As usual! So... we ended up going inside a cafe!

Oh a little trivia here: did you know that Vienna is known for their coffee? Well I didn't know about that til I saw it in the internet. Apparently, there are so many variations (some are milk-based, some or not). I ordered a Melange - it's half mocha, half heated milk, that has cream on top :) Super goooood! 

Aira and I split an omelet since we weren't really that hungry. 

So after our late lunch, we decided to go sightseeing already!

One tip I have to tell you guys! If you're a tourist, compare prices of transportation. Would it be cheaper to buy single journey tickets, or would a day pass be more sulit? :P We got the day pass cause we wanted to go to a lot of places! We first went to Stephan Platz, another church :)) You know me, I like comparing and seeing the different architectural styles of different cities :P Uh and yeah, we just had to pose like this cause we absolutely love goofing around! :))) Actually, while we were posing like this a lot of people went up to us asking us if we wanted to watch a classical music concert. Aira was soooo tempted to watch, but as I was telling her I didn't enough money for that sort of thing. Plus people who watch concerts like that really dress up well. We were totally not prepared for that! I didn't prepare any fancy piece of clothing in 10-day backpack.

The church was lovely btw! We were going to our next stop when we came across this :))))) Hay nako, too funny!

Here's one of the places where Mozart stayed :) didn't go inside anymore because it was close.


We saw on the side that there a Christmas market! Oh joy! We quickly made a detour here :)


And of course, we found different handicrafts!

After checking out this Christmas market, which was mostly handicrafts, we went to an interactive museum!

Haus der Musik. Aira and I saw good reviews on this museum so we wanted to check it out.

Uh, if I were to rate this museum I'd probably give it a 7. I expected more from it but hey I learned stuff naman so it was okay!

It was pretty cool we were able to watch a classical music concert :> This my friends is a video fyi :)) Pretty cool!

So the museum made sections for each famous composer! It's really Aira who was so enlightened by this museum. She's the one that's into classical music :)





In the end, we had this activity where in we could be the maestro! :) Hihi. I did a very sucky job though that's why this man appeared! HAHAHAHAHA


We went to another Christmas market - for dinner! :)

I wanted to eat this but...

Renan wanted to eat this so I followed him and it was such a fail! </3 there was no custard inside!

We went back to the hostel because

we tried our sachertorte! Uggggggh, super overrated cake I swear. They say it's a really famous cake in Vienna but not everything you hear from people is true! Good thing, we didn't spend so much. The cake was so dry! And toooooo sweet!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment